Friday, September 21, 2007

An Update and a Promise

I think even as children we are aware of our faults and shortcomings, but it is only as we reach adulthood that we are able to consciously admit them. The older you get, the more you are able to clearly define your own personality, traits, and views of the world. Conversely, the older you get, the less willing you are to change any of this personal attributes. Being in your early 20s is a pivotal time in your life; you aren't old enough to have all of your thoughts and ways of life permanently fixed into your brain, but you are old enough to begin to understand yourself. It's the time of your life where you really have the chance to grow up. And I say "have the chance" because I believe many adults don't take this opportunity to properly give themselves a good looking over to see what areas in their life they can improve on. They usually turn out to work fast-food for a career, become shitty parents, start to stink because the whole shower thing never became habitual.


This is my flaw: I will become very interested and fixated upon something for a short time, and then stop doing it. With the exception of Japanese, this has ruled in all areas of my life: learning guitar, working out, relationships, school work, and of course, updating this damned blog.


So here's my promise. I will, without fail, update every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Three times a week. These days were inspired by my favorite webcomic, XKCD, which consistently updates these three days.

So here's to changing my bad habits. And here's to keeping everyone else partially interested in my blog updated with my Japanesey life.