Wednesday, October 24, 2007

What a shitty week.


I'll say why it's been shitty, and then try to put a positive spin on all of the mentioned times:


The shit: My city is on fire. Over 500,000 people have been displaced from their homes, and a good chunk of them have lost their home. My friends and family are in danger.

Why it's not so bad: So far there has only been one fatality, when last year there was 12. As like last time, people will rebuild, and nature will heal.



The shit: My favorite website got shut down. Albeit being on the slightly illegal side (mp3s), it had a strong community, amazing collection of rare songs, and overall just one of the best websites ever to grace the web. It will sorely be missed by me and the other 120,000 people that were members.

Why it's not so bad: The reason why it was so popular and stellar was because it filled a void that needed to be filled; the website had a tight-nit community, high quality music, and a clean interface. I'm sure it didn't go unnoticed, and other websites like it will soon follow.

There were other things to bitch about, but the clock is telling me to sleep.